Musings

Musings

Sunday, February 19, 2017

Humility

Greetings all,

I hope your week was peaceful.  There have been waves of energy this week that I have noticed have been quite disruptive in my own life and the lives of those around me.  Perhaps it is the climate we live in, or it is just one of those energetic eddies that swirl about from time to time.

So lately I have been thinking about power, magic, and all the little pitfalls that come along with its use.  People are constantly coming up to me and telling me how lucky I am to be doing what I am doing and how much they want to do what I do.  First off  I am lucky to have the support that has allowed me to develop my gifts, but this didn't just happen overnight.  I acknowledge I am blessed with a certain degree of inborn talent, but it pales in comparison to other people I have met.  The largest net effect has been from my own consistent efforts to improve what I am able to do.  I practiced readings for literally a decade before I did them professionally, and there are days where I still feel like a newbie.  I had at least half a decade of practice with various healing techniques before I started charging for sessions.  The other skill I make my way with is Tai Chi, which I have practiced for 20 years but only started teaching in facilities (i.e. not just private classes for people I knew) four years ago.

 I am still clearly aware of the areas where my knowledge is lacking, and I want to keep it that way.
Don't take what I just said the wrong way.  I don't mean that I don't wish to improve, far from it.  However, I want to keep in perspective that all of my experience is quite small in the grand scheme of things.  This does pose some challenges on the standpoint of confidence, but I prefer that to the alternative.  I was remarking recently to someone that the local magical community can be very cliquish and even aggressive.  It all comes down to the ego.  Again not here to lambast the ego and suggest murdering it.  (We have a catch and release policy at the Church of the Mooneagle).  When you first start to experiment with magic or consciousness techniques it is exciting.  There is expansion, you start to realize just how many possibilities there are for you and your desires.  It is a huge rush, and it feels amazing.  Still we end up butting heads with others especially those who are also implementing power because we live in a universe of consensual reality.  We have to be pretty well balanced and emotionally clear as we continue along, otherwise it is just like giving the ego cocaine.  See the crazed picture of the Mooneagle Ego above, just add a dash of cosmic power without including soul searching and self reflection.  Most people want to leave that bit out.  Hell I would if I could, it isn't the fun part.  It is difficult to really look at yourself.  It hurts to peel back the layers of encrusted wards we have raised around our vulnerability.  To access the deepest power in yourself you have to go that place.  The place where you dare not look is the place you must look.

Why am I telling you this now?  Well I did need a blog topic for the week, but beyond that many of us are feeling the call to awaken to our own power right now.  We wish to be more effective and empowered.  I think that's awesome!  I do want to murmur a bit of caution to you as you flex your new found psychic muscles.  Keep looking at yourself and your motives.  Find what you are hiding from the world and yourself and really examine it.  If there is healing work to do start with yourself.  That is not to say you can't help those around you, but don't conclude that the paint is dry on the canvas of your psyche.  We are always growing and having our deep hurts rise to the surface, not to assail us but to be healed by us.  We must be humble as we embrace our own brand of magic, because we are all beings of light.

Peace and Blessings,
Thomas Mooneagle


No comments:

Post a Comment