Musings

Musings

Thursday, April 30, 2015

Traveling Days

Greetings all,

It's May eve and besides it being derby time around here it is also a special night in the pagan calendar. Tomorrow is the celebration of Beltane.  Tonight is one of the nights where the veil between the worlds is the thinnest.  In the fall we have Halloween where the veil thins between the living and the dead.  In the spring at Beltane the veil between the worlds of man and faery are thin.  In years past I would be outside with baked goods as an offering.  I've even sat out in the middle of the woods in a circle.  These days there just doesn't seem to be the space to do that.  I do miss it, but I also know that those days shall come again.  The good folk are neither gone nor forgotten in my heart.

The night before Beltane was known as a traveling day for faeries.  The summer court was preparing to ascend and rule over the light half of the year and the growing season, and the winter court was packing out until All Hallows Eve.  These days are cross quarter days on the old calendar where the seasons are in flux halfway between an equinox and the solstice.  Emotions can be heightened and adventure is around seemingly every corner.  Perhaps it is fitting that I shall join the faeries on their sojourn this year.  For tomorrow is a traveling day for me.  I once again take off for the Universal Life Expo.  This time I'm not just helping out in a booth (although I do like doing that) I'm also giving a talk about the ancestral healing work I've been doing.  It's kind of a big deal for me.  It will be the largest audience I've had in real time and it's going to be recorded.

There is a little known statistic out there about people's greatest fears.  It states that when surveyed the number one fear people report having is public speaking, the second…death.  Just let that sink in for a moment.  I've spoken in front of groups before, in fact I seem to do it routinely after all I do teach classes.  The funny thing is I got out of the speech class requirement when I was in college.  This must be karmic or fate because it seems like my journey has been taking me more and more into the public arena.  Tuesday I was on a webcast radio show.  This year I will also be mentioned in an independent film that a friend is producing.  I also will have a book out in a few months. This seems to be the year where I'm going to be out there for the world to see.

Like faery I've lived sort of in a twilight space.  I've not let the spotlight shine too bright on me for any length of time.  It all comes back to fear and being insecure. Yes the Mooneagle is insecure just like everyone else.  I feel like I've been very much supported by the woodland folk the past decade and now it is time for me to step out into the sun.  So it is very appropriate that I will be embarking on my next greatest venture on their big day.

So I finally feel like I am getting somewhere, but where exactly that is yet I'm not sure and GPS doesn't work in the spirit world.  I know me me me what about you you you?  On this traveling day when the veils are thin what path do you find yourself traversing?  Are you moving towards something or just away from something?  Can you see how all the twists and turns actually took you where you needed to go (if not where you wanted to go)?  Who has been your sponsor on this magic carpet ride? Do you have an idea of where you want to go?  Are you waiting for the "moment"?  If you were I'm here to be your cosmic kick in the pants to get you moving.  It's time so get to packing all your necessities and get on out the door.  The road is calling, the wind is up…it's a traveling day.

Peace and Blessings,
Thomas Mooneagle


No comments:

Post a Comment