Musings

Musings

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Munay-ki and Me

Greetings all,

It's been quite a week, and it is not quite over yet.  This weekend I once more  put on my traveling hat and head to Victory of Light Psychic Fair in Cincinnati.  In the past seven days I've made a speedy recovery, passed the munay-ki rites to a group of new people, and been developing a new healing method.  This has been my year so far, no standing still.

This post though I am going to talk more about the munay-ki rites and their effect on my path.  (For more detailed information I will post a link to Alberto Villodo's site at the bottom of this blog).  I received them from one of my teachers in the summer of 2007.  That was a packed summer.  I had also just received my third reiki attunement. In this case it acted as a double whammy.

The munay-ki are fire rites that come down from the Incan tradition of shamanism.  They start you off on your medicine road.  For me the going was initially tough my shadow rose up from the depths and bit me in the face.  It scared the poop out of me.  Since that time it has never been far from consciousness.  I made a deal with it, loan me some of its power and I would do my best to work on its concerns.  The truce has held more or less with times of lesser and greater discomfort.  I still experience fear, but a lot of times I choose not to listen to it, not all of the time but a good deal of it.  I've learned it is perfectly okay to not be able to deal with something right this moment.  It is okay to be broken, just be aware of it and don't let it stop you.

At this point many people will be like, "But I wanted magical powers don't these rites do that?"  Hollywood has ruined us all with the idea of what magical powers or indeed power itself is.  I'm not bending spoons or starting fires with my mind post rites.  If that is what you are looking for well I can't help you.  What these rites have done for me is start the process of building deeper heart centered relationships with the spirits of the earth and waters.  For me it has been about making the world family, that could be the spirit of the land I live upon, the ocean mother, the mountains, the sun and moon, ancestors, or the medicine people of the past.  This journey has made me feel supported when I show up to do work.  Did it give me magical powers though?  Well yes and no.  I will give you an example of something simple a "parlor trick"  if you will.  In the past studying with ceremonial practitioners one of the ways they would train the will was to try and control the wind or a candle flame.  I will be the first to admit I sucked at this.  A few years back though I had a candle threatening to go out on my altar.  Well I simply addressed it and said, "Oh Nina please be happy." (Nina is the name for fire in this tradition).  The flame perked right up and gave no more trouble after that.  Now I would like to make something very clear I did not make the candle flame do anything.  I asked politely as you would ask a family member to pass the pepper at the dinner table.  The universe appreciates good manners.  You can get a lot more accomplished by learning to relate and being respectful.  People have sometimes been a bit aghast at some of the things that happen around me, but I am always quick to point out that I don't make them happen I simply ask.  I don't always get an affirmative response either, and I am okay with that.

So personal evolution has certainly occurred.  When I have felt the most powerful however was when I was performing service on behalf of someone else.  This is not to say I haven't personally benefited from the rites and the healing work that accompanies them because I have.  It is very different from the ego idea of power.  This power comes from the heart.  It comes from our connectedness and our bonds with spirit.  I have more friends, more teachers, and more experiences than before.  I think that beats any parlor trick or pyrokinesis.

What about you?  What power are you seeking?  Is it the ego's idea of power or ability?  Does it serve only you or does it serve everyone?  If you wish to serve seek more power,  If you don't perhaps be content with where you are.

Peace and Blessings,
Thomas Mooneagle

http://munay-ki.org

No comments:

Post a Comment