Musings

Musings

Monday, August 27, 2018

Power Trip

Greetings all,

It's been a few weeks.  I had been getting pretty stagnant when it came to blog posts.  I decided to take a short break for my trip so that I could come back with fresh perspectives.

Every year I try and go someplace I've never been before.  It doesn't have to be very far away, just some place new.  Well Ontario was both new and got a stamp in my passport.  (You have to ask them to stamp it though).  I drove across the land over a thousand miles.  This year I just felt I had to go a bit farther.  I am moving into a new phase of my life, with a family member walking their last few miles, and myself allowing myself to be seen in my power.  Lake Superior was a good choice for that experience I think.  It echoes the power of the ocean.

This summer has been one of interpersonal conflicts for me.  I'm not a person who enjoys or particularly does well with conflict, but I make people uncomfortable.  I don't mean to.  My energy has an effect.  It can be subtle and deep, or it can be loud and center stage.  What I've had to learn is that it is not about me, it is about them.  In the past I have purposefully made myself seem small or hidden my light.  Now it is getting to the point where I simply can't hide that shine.  I can only make myself crazy trying to hold it back.  I do my best to be respectful, but beyond that I have no control of how my energy will be received.  This is not a fun lesson, but a necessary one.

So why am I telling you this?  Well the world needs us all to step into and stand in our power.  It may feel uncomfortable to start with, but it is the only way we will find lasting peace and a sense of belonging.  Plus the people wielding power these days don't seem to have our best interests at heart.  Why should we allow them to direct us?  Why shouldn't we direct ourselves and our communities with authentic power? Who are we to deny our gifts to those around us?

What about you?  Have you been stepping up and claiming your power?  Have you allowed it to radiate to those around you?  Have you kept it locked away afraid of what people might think of it?  Sooner or later, the light will leak out.  What if you just opened the door?  What would happen if you allowed yourself to shine?  Try it out and see what shakes loose.

Peace and Blessings,
Thomas Mooneagle

No comments:

Post a Comment