Musings

Musings

Sunday, July 22, 2018

Signs and Signposts

Greetings all,

I hope you had a rewarding week.  I've kept myself occupied.  I got to go out of town to visit a friend and make elderberry syrup.  Yes I know exciting.  I've also done a lot of planning for my upcoming trip up north in August.

So this little beauty showed itself yesterday evening.  Many of us, myself included have had a rough few months.  I personally have been bombarded with family issues at the same time that my friends have been going through their own crucibles.  So rather than supporting each other we've been pulled to our own corners.  However the coast seems to be clearing for us and we're once again coming together.  I'm hoping that brighter times are ahead.  This rainbow was the first of 3 rainbow references to show up in a 24 hour period.  Sometimes the universe just wants to make sure I get the message.  You know I can be a bit slow at times.

There's a lot of bad going on in the world.  It can be overwhelming and seem like things will never get better.  They will, I can't guarantee it will be soon, but they will improve.  The rainbow has been a symbol of beauty and hope for many ages.  It usually appears against the darkness of the storm clouds that helped create it.  To me that says problems or challenges inherently contain the elements necessary to overcome them.  Maybe it is about taking the darkness and from it creating something of transcendent beauty.  It could also just mean, keep your head up kid things will turn around.

So why am I telling you this?  Well it is too easy to get discouraged these days.  Between traditional media and social media, people are vying to control our attention.  More often than not it is negative stories that grab our eyeballs.  Some people have postulated that what we are experiencing on a societal level is a wake up call.  A decidedly rude wake up certainly, but a call to ditch our complacency with the status quo. This may also be happening in our personal lives.  We can become comfortably unsatisfied with our lives, but be unwilling to shake things up. The good news is that life will come in and shake things up for us.  Wait is that good news?

How about you?  Are you stuck in the blahs?  Are you seeing only the dark clouds and missing the rainbows?  It's okay we've all been there.  What if you started to look around you to see the good in the world?  What if you stopped scrolling on Facebook?  What if you spent more time disconnected from screens and more time beneath the sky?  Try it out see how that feels, and until next time.

Peace and Blessings,
Thomas Mooneagle

No comments:

Post a Comment