Musings

Musings

Sunday, December 28, 2014

24 Roads

Greetings all,


This is the last blog of 2014 and it is the first full year of weekly blogs.  It hasn't always been easy or even very poetic or deep, but I still believe that by writing weekly there is more chance for magic to happen on the screen here with my words.  I also am pretty sure I've found my voice and that is worth all of the effort to stay true and blog.  The blog has helped me focus my mind and observe my thoughts a bit more clearly.  I know a bit more of my mind.  However it hasn't been the only stabilizing force.  This has also been the first full year of my weekly rattling ceremonies that I perform for myself, family, friends, and premium clients.  That is 52 weeks of ceremonial momentum punctuated on the quarters of the year by drumming.

So the title 24 roads is not very clear is it?  Well this blog isn't the only thing I've been busy typing away at this year.  In January I began journeying to the runes of the Norse Futhark in preparation to write my first book.  I originally planned to do one rune a week, but life has a way of interfering.  There are 24 runes in the Futhark.  So far I have journeyed to 23 of the 24.  When I am complete I will have walked the 24 roads, and I plan to do that before the clock strikes midnight on the 1st of the new year.

I've taken my time with this project.  I've let it build over time.  Each road I have walked has added to the power.  I've said often this year if no one ever reads this book but me it was well worth the time.  I feel like I have learned so much from committing to do this.  I have really turned what I have learned in my shamanic training into useful tools of investigation.  I've deepened relationships with the powers I've worked with, and I've learned secrets.  Some I'll share, and some you will have to discover for yourself.  I've invested myself with the spirit of discovery and delving and I believe I have found gold in the depths.

This year has been a year of great opportunities, challenges, exultation, and grave disappointments.  It has not once been dull though.  It has also been a year when I've been powerfully called by the magic in the world.  I've made it a year of ceremony and risks.  Those two go well together.  If we ask the spirits for help we must be brave.  We must be willing to take a few risks.  I have traveled far in this realm and the realms of spirit.  Now we're on the cusp of the new year and a new creation and there is so much more that is coming.

The past two years have been tumultuous (actually more than the last two really more like the last eight), but years ago I got the sense that by 2015 things would begin to settle a bit.  There was a light at the end of the transformational period.  I don't think everything will be instantly fine, but I believe now we walk towards a road where things can begin to come together and support each other.  I have one last road of spirit to walk before the new year is born and I am curious, what now?

So those are the roads I have been walking, but what about you?  What avenues of the spirit and the flesh have you walked this year?  Did you retread the same neighborhood or venture out into the wilder lands beyond the fields you know?  If you stayed close to home did you dig deeper in the clay you are made of?  What passions called to you in the night or on the wind?  What spirits know your name?  Ask yourself which fate am I?  Who is to know if you don't ask?  What secrets might you learn if you sing out to the trees and spirits in the streams?  They have a language you know and it is written in you as much as it is in the land.  I challenge you to make yourself a part of the world this year, not just the human world but the larger one outside of words and hands.  Stare into natural pools, read the flight of birds, taste the wind, and as always keep walking,

Peace and Blessings,
Thomas Mooneagle

No comments:

Post a Comment