Musings

Musings

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

I don't care and that's pretty awesome

Greetings everyone,

I have great news!  I got one of the worst comments I have ever received on my youtube channel a little over a week ago.   Confused?    Why is that great news?  Well on its own it isn't great news, but my response to it was.  I simply didn't care.  Let me allow that to sink in for a minute.....I didn't care.

I didn't take the insult personally.  I didn't believe it for a second.  (I did critique the spelling and grammar though).  The negative slur had the opposite of its intended effect.  I was happy.  I was relieved that I didn't take in any of the energy of the comment.  I was actually grateful to have been insulted plus it meant I got to watch one of my favorite videos called "Thank you hater" by Cleverpie.

Some of you won't get what a big deal this is for me.  If you have been reading my blog at all you'll have heard me reference or let's face it complain about being empathic.  While it is a useful skill it can make you hyper sensitive to criticism.  When someone tells you, "Who cares what they think or feel about you."  Well if you're highly empathic you care, it is hard not to since you pick up that person's feelings.  So to not care what someone thought of me, nor entertain their feelings for a second is huge.  I take it as a sign that I must be growing.  When I first started making videos and posting them  I was always quite nervous about what people would think of them and of me.  I tell people it was an act of self acceptance to record myself at all let alone post it for the world to see.

This past month has been one of expansion and rediscovering personal power.  I don't think it is just me either.  I've sensed opportunities for many of us to break out of our self imposed limitations.  Magic has been calling to me for half the summer.  The longing for ceremony and ritual has been constant.  You may be thinking. "What don't you have enough magic in your life?  I mean you're freaking Thomas Mooneagle!"  It's true I do tread in the mysteries.  However it is easy to forget what you can do for yourself while you are doing for others.  It is good to stretch and reinvigorate your own empowerment.

So my darlings what about you?  Is there some negative that you can turn around and realize how little it affects you?  Is there something someone did to push your buttons that you transcended?  Can you be thankful to the little shit for the opportunity to realize you're bigger than that?  (Yes while you may be over them they are still a little shit).  What power and practices do you feel inspired to take up again?  What seemingly small thing is a sign of a big change deep below the surface?  Ponder on it for a while and let me know.

Peace and Blessings,
Thomas Mooneagle

No comments:

Post a Comment