Musings

Musings

Saturday, March 14, 2020

Fear Shaming

Greetings all,

Well now that many of you are self isolating you have no excuse for not taking the time to read my blog post.  I literally have a captive audience,  "ALL SHALL READ ME AND DESPAIR!!!"  (Sorry I was channeling some Lord of the Rings energy).

 Pretty sure this post will follow in the series of what I like to call , "Suck it LOA".  (Law of Attraction) Many of us right now are thinking fuck, shit, the world is insane!!!  It is, and some of us are pointing fingers at people who are afraid and making fun of them.  Well if you are doing that, you are being a dick.  Yes you, right there complete and total dick.  For those of us in the consciousness community the so called 'spiritual' folk, there has developed a hierarchy of emotions.  Things like love, joy, and peace sit at the top with the less fun emotions at the bottom.  We are told to shun these low vibration feelings.  You know because it is perfectly natural to only feel the good emotions, we are told to anesthetize ourselves to loss, fear, pain, and sadness.

I cancelled all my events, classes, and trips for the next few weeks (possibly months).  Prior to that I changed how I taught my classes,  and emphasized extra hygiene practices to minimize risks.  I teach to people in high risk categories for extra complications from COVID-19.  While I may be okay, I live with someone who has asthma and my teaching in various community centers puts vulnerable populations at risk.  So I have been extra cautious.  People have been making fun of me or implying I am flakey with my commitments.  Sheesh it's only a pandemic after all. Now that we are being asked to self isolate I see people attacking policies that are meant to mitigate the risks to the members of our community that have the most reason to be afraid.  Some people are treating me like I am somehow less spiritual than they thought.  (Oooh burn!) I have been upfront with folks for years that I am a person, not a guru, not an ascended master, and certainly not immune to the human condition.

Let me be clear.  If you are ranking emotions, then you are not being more evolved, you are just buying into a different illusion.  Fear is one of the first emotions that developed and for very good reason.  It keeps us alive.  Fear tries to keep us safe. It is our inner guardian.  It alerts us to danger, it preps our body to flee or fight.  You don't know what you are truly capable of until you fear for your life or the life sf someone you love.  The thing is we don't like being afraid, we try to get rid of the feeling as fast as possible.  Your fear is a part of you, when you give it away you are giving away part of yourself.  When we try to rid ourselves of it others can come take a hold of it, and then they control our fear.  If we claim it and accept it, then we can control our response to it.  Sometimes it dissipates, and sometimes not.  The point again is not to rid ourselves of it, but to join with it and become whole.  I have been afraid for myself, for my loved ones, my community, and the world.  You can't shame me out of my fear, it is mine so hands off fuckers!

Why am I telling you this?  Well many are afraid right now.  Fear is as much a part of us as love and joy.  To deny it, is to deny ourselves and our power to act.  If you are afraid, then be afraid, and then ask what your fear would like from you.  Trying to push it down or send it away just makes it operate in the background without the input of the rational mind.  Hence people buying up all the toilet paper.

How about you?  Are you listening to your fear?  Do you know what it wants to give to you, or are you trying to self isolate from yourself?  Sink into your heart.  Invite it in.  Give it the same loving attention that you give to the brighter feelings when they come to call.  It is not easy, but it is worthwhile.  I love you all and I hope you are keeping safe.

Peace and Blessings,
Thomas Mooneagle

P.S.  I did a teleconference related to what is going on, and made it available to the public on Patreon  click on the link to listen to it. https://www.patreon.com/posts/34781838

1 comment: