Musings

Musings

Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Falling into Fate

Greetings all,

See I have not vanished from the earth.  I live to post again!  It has been a bit though.  When I rebooted this blog and began writing weekly it was due to big upheavals in my life.  My more recent absences from the blogosphere have also been due to life changes.  So while there is still a voice in my head saying, "You haven't blogged this week."  There is another voice growing stronger of late that is saying, "Your commitment to blog was to you and you alone, you can change that arrangement if it suits you."  As such no apologies will be offered from here on about the length of time between posts.

About ten days ago I went on an adventure.  It began with the spark of inspiration back in January after a good session with a client.  I began creating a meditation based on my what has become my daily practice. At first I was simply going to record it on a conference call number and pull it into Audacity with some alpha wave surf sounds and release it on my website.  I had the glimmer of an idea though to approach some of my contacts at Hemi-sync to see if they would partner on this project.  Well fast forward a few months, and I have recorded a voice track based on the script I wrote.  Today I got to hear the sample background music that was selected to accompany it.  It's all a bit surreal.  When I started this journey years back, I never imagined it would lead here....maybe I should work on my imagination.

I should state I'm not much of a planner.  I have goals.  I try certain things.  I liken it to tossing seeds where I walk and seeing which ones come up.  Some do and some don't.  Over time I seem to be getting better at determining which seeds to toss about. To some it looks methodical and well thought out, to others it looks random, and to another group of observers it looks like I'm not doing anything.  All are correct, and all are wrong.  It seems to be me the more I let go and go with the flow, the more headway I make.  It allows me to be relaxed enough to spot opportunities without getting tunnel vision.

So why am I telling you this.  Well I am excited about recent developments, and I hope you also have something new and refreshing in your life as well.  It can be easy to stress about setting up success strategies, or to just give in to inertia and not go anywhere.  A teacher of mine once talked about the difference between fate and destiny.  A person could be fated to meet someone significant, their destiny would be what they do with that encounter.  So in the weeks that follow I suggest you go about your business with one ear to the ground for opportunities.  They may come as a bolt of inspiration, as a solution to a current problem,  or a clever refinement of something you've been doing for a while.  In other words, live and see what life offers.

Peace and Blessings,
Thomas Mooneagle

1 comment: