Musings

Musings

Sunday, April 29, 2018

Finding the Way in

Greetings all,

I hope this message finds you well and safe.  I've been feeling blessed lately as it seems my constant efforts are finally starting to pay off.  I can see the life I've dreamed of finally taking focus around me.  Still there are things that remain elusive.

This year I've finally had the opportunity to consistently use my talents in session work with clients.  Things are becoming more steady and I'm having to really check my calendar before I say yes to anything.  I find that a good problem to have (if we want to label it a problem which I don't).  I feel like I'm finally finding a rhythm with session work where I can relax into it.  When I opened my practice 8 years ago (I know I can hardly believe it myself), it was kind of frustrating because each session I had to figure out what I was doing.  Every single one was different, even if it was with the same client.  Now when I see someone whether for the first time or as a regular client, I am used to the variability.  I do have some things I check on regularly, but other than that anything can happen.

The nice thing about each session being different is that I can't get bored or complacent.  Each time I see someone it is like a puzzle.  Sometimes I just look at a person and I know exactly what to do, even before they arrive.  Other times I have to spend a few moments finding my way into the session.    Just finding out what we're working on is not always so cut and dry.  People come to me for a variety of reasons, some with very specific goals or problems.  However I go where I am led and that is not always where the person had intended.  Whatever brought them to me may have just been a way for some other deeper pattern to be healed.  There are also people that just want to have an experience and have a very soft focus.  That holds a different challenge, how do you measure the success of an undefined goal?

So where do I start?  Well the first thing I do is set up the space, I may be drawn to pull certain items out or burn a particular incense.  This might be a clue to the work that will be done.  I also select some ambient music to drown out any noise from the hall.  This may also be significant (or not).  Then I set up my mesa, which could be open or closed for the session.  If I do open it up, how I arrange the stones and tools upon it might also clue me in to what patterns are moving in a person's life.  After the space is set and the client arrives, I ask them directly how they are, and why they are here.  Sometimes I move the mesa around a bit while chatting, explaining as I do so what that means.  So after the chit chat, and the arranging of the space I take my first look.  I see if there is anything on or around the person that is drawing my attention.  Then I zero in on that and investigate, see if I need to remove something or bring something in.  From there the session develops and flows, as I work I ask the client for feedback on their experience as I make adjustments in their energy field.  This conversation sometimes is just to confirm with them that they can track what I'm doing, but other times the information or feelings that come up for them become the guiding force for the rest of the session.  If I get stumped, I take a step back, engage the client again and ask for guidance.  Now sometimes my guides and helpers just take over and just tell me what to do, which is awesome because I don't have to tax my brain as much for that.  Usually the sessions that are taken over by Spirit are the most powerful ones, but not always.  Sometimes the sessions where I've had to dig deep to find what is really going on are the most valuable ones.  Like I said before each one is different.

So why am I telling you all this?  Well I think it is important for people to get a glimpse of how I work.  It is also important for you guys to know that I sometimes do get stumped.  I end up doing spiritual troubleshooting half the time.  It used to annoy me, but now I just see it as part of the job.  It definitely keeps things interesting.  A client recently asked me about whether I doubt myself ever.  I told them all the time.  I think that's normal and healthy as long as I don't let it get in the way of the work.  If you think you know everything, you never search for more.  Life may have routines but is not rote.  Life is constant change and being able to figure things out on the go is important.

So how about you?  Are you running too much on autopilot, or are you always reinventing the wheel?  Do you examine the myriad ways in which you troubleshoot your own life every day?  Do you imagine others just have the answers in hand, or are you aware that they had to flex their thinking bits?  The mind can be a tremendous servant for all our work, so it is a good idea to include its many gifts where we can to help us navigate.  So challenge yourself to think through things, and work with the puzzles in your life.  Find your own way into the maze, and more importantly find your way through it to the other side.

Peace and Blessings,
Thomas Mooneagle

No comments:

Post a Comment