Musings

Musings

Sunday, December 17, 2017

What We Make

Greetings all,

I hope you had a good week.  December is always a busy time for so many of us.  It is important to hold some unstructured time so that we can replenish.  Right now I'm in a holding position as I gather my energies for the year ahead.  I've got plans...plans within plans to quote the novel Dune.

There are many techniques out there focused on manifesting what you want.  It is the most basic uses of magic in any tradition.  Every culture and magical system has practices, rituals, and belief structures on how to manifest your desires.  At the core of them all is focus.  Where we focus our  attention, whether positively or negatively is where we give our power.

 A lot of us are trained to focus on what we lack by our society.  "The squeaky wheel gets the grease." However once our basic needs are met (food, shelter, clothing) more abstract needs like meaningful work and relationships take over the dashboard of our mental focus.  Most of the time we look to our social groups to see what those mean to us, or worse we look to media.  I don't know about you, but my relationships have never followed rom coms in their pattern, and buddy comedies have never looked anything like my friendships.  Perhaps I am an outlier, but if I were to compare my life to what is popularly portrayed I'd say I've failed at life.  I don't think I've failed, so I am calling bullshit on all that.

In this time of long nights and gray wintry days I'm challenging myself to find out what it is I want in my life.  I know I can create it, if I am clear on what I want.  This isn't me bragging, anyone can manifest.  We do it all the time.  Most of us are kind of sloppy at it, so we manifest what we don't want as often as what we do want.  A lot of us run on auto pilot manifesting in the path of least resistance, which means the outer world is steering us more than our own directives.  This is why clarity is so important.

Why am I telling you this?  Well I feel that the year ahead will be a very powerful one for manifesting.  For that reason it would be wise to thoroughly consider what we want to create in the coming months.  If you don't know what you want then ask to manifest clarity and guidance.  For me I start close in and then move out.  So having more energy and feeling stronger and healthier in my body would be a good place to start.  From there I could move into more grace and ease with family and friends, perhaps making new friends and connections.  Moving further outwards, I'd like to see further growth in my business and creativity.  You get the idea.

So how about you?  How clear are you about what you want to bring into your life?  Are you creating your life on auto pilot?  Do you stop to consider what will bring you joy?  Well you still have a few days left in 2017 to mull it over, so get to it.

Peace and Blessings,
Thomas Mooneagle

No comments:

Post a Comment