Musings

Musings

Sunday, May 22, 2016

Dream On

Greetings all,

I hope this week has been kind to you.  I've had a lot shift for me personally since my last posting.  Once again I have been thrust into action by fate, action which I wouldn't have ever initiated myself.  As often is the case it began with a dream.

Since the age of 13 I've kept dream journals.  In the beginning it was an attempt to become an oneironaut, a lucid dreamer.  As years passed it became apparent that although I had a few moments of lucidity, I really didn't quite have the dedication for taking control of my  dreams on a regular basis.  I kept recording my dreams because they are useful tools in understanding what is going on around and within me.  I have had dreams that told me exactly what was going on in front of me in a way that I couldn't consciously recognize.  In short, they serve as a door on the subconscious processing that occurs below decks.

Most people are interested in the more "psychic" aspect of dreams though.  These are the dreams where maybe we are visited by loved ones that have died.  Sometimes we truly do travel to other worlds and realms in our dreams meeting with fantastical beings who impart gifts or knowledge to us.  Then there are those dreams that tell us of the future.  I have had my fair share of all of these types of dreams.  The only problem is that I am not usually aware that is what they are until the events have passed (with exception of the time I dreamed of test questions I was pretty sure that it was predictive and it was, A+).  I have noticed that psychic dreams tend to come in groupings for me.  I'll have a series of these dreams close together for a time and then they will fade into more normal dreams.

Besides using dreams to help ace tests, I've also used them to decide to take a trip, sever an energetic connection to someone, journey to a particular spirit, and even help choose a course of study.  Last week I had at least one prophetic dream.  In it I was back on a street I used to have friends on.  I was teaching a class and worried that I would run into the people I used to know from that neighborhood. I should point out that I am no longer friends with them.  In fact, I burned every bridge and connection to them.  I banished people from my life that had any semblance of familiarity with them. I also firmly intended to never under any circumstances go near that street again.  Fate it would seem has a twisted sense of humor.  The following evening I spoke to a friend of mine and he told me he was looking at buying a house.  Then he told me where it was, and you guessed it, the very same street which I had recorded the name of in my dream journal that morning.  Subsequent shamanic journeys confirmed that I do need to return to that street to lay the past to rest.

 I did say at least one prophetic dream right?  Well I did have another dream a day or two later and there is no way to tell if it was prophetic because I decided to change the outcome.  In that dream I was working at the store where I've held a part time position for the past 8 years, and as the dream unfolded I was held up at gunpoint.  So this week I handed in my apron and quit.  It was something I knew I needed to do if I was going to focus more on my own business, but the dream was the straw that broke the camel's back.  I had not been a regular employee since October, just on call, but I was afraid to let go of the security of a "normal" job.  There is no way to tell if the dream was warning me of actual danger or if it was just giving me the clear signal that I needed to be done with it.

So all this talk of my dreams I know can be boring, but hopefully you can draw parallels from your own life.  Most of us have had dreams that came true, or that warned us of what was going on under our noses.  We spend a third of our lives asleep, and if we pay attention to our dreams it gives us a whole other life.  There are places, people, and situations we may never encounter except in our sleep.  Dreams offer us potent symbols, deep inspiration, and a clear mirror of ourselves and feelings.  Beyond any psychic phenomena they link us to the quiet self that sleeps in us during our walks in the waking world.  What we experience in them may disturb us or enlighten us, but the choice is ours.

So how about you?  Do you remember your dreams?  Do you ever let them guide you?  Do you ponder the messages and meanings in them?  Have you ever flown?  Have you made a daring escape?  Have you rescued the princess (or prince)?  Did you walk around a house that seemed to contain all the houses you've lived in or will live in?  Do you honor your dreams and their impact on your waking life?  How do you know you're not dreaming right now?  Sink deeply into your slumber and wander far into realms of reverie.  Let me know what treasures you find there.

Peace and Blessings,
Thomas Mooneagle

No comments:

Post a Comment