Musings

Musings

Saturday, March 19, 2016

Drawing Parallels

Greetings all,

Well this week has come and gone.  It's been another crazy week.  I had some in state travel and this is the weekend of ceremonies.  Unfortunately the sweat lodge ceremony (my first to attend ever) was rained out.  Still there was the shamanic weather circle last night, my Friday ceremony, and tomorrow drumming and despacho for the equinox.  That is a lot on any week this also just happened to fall on the week following the time change, so I am tired.

I am out there.  Even among practitioners of the holistic fields and energetic arts, I'm the weird one.  It's okay I know I am and I'm mostly alright with it.  I play with forces like time and entropy.  I move my awareness into other realms.  This is normal for me.  I shift a lot especially on the mental, emotional, and spiritual level.  Occasionally something happens on the level of the physical that is not directly tied to me.  I've had physical shifts in my body and I expect that with some of the healing work I do.  Where it starts to get strange is when a change occurs that seems to have nothing to do with me personally.

This week I had a craft night with a good friend.  We haven't done one for two years due to various life altering events, so we were super excited to finally reinitiate our get togethers.  I hadn't been to their house since last January.  They had a new dog, which I recall as a shepherd mix.  Well this time when I went down their dog was more of a lab mix than a shepherd mix.  It was also a different color.  I found this just a tad off.  When I inquired if this was the same dog I was told yes it was, and that it had always looked this way.  Now I suppose I could have just remembered him wrong, but it seemed more like I had side stepped into a parallel universe.  After all ,one of the consciousness tricks I've learned is to peep into some of them and draw something back.  This isn't the first time I've had the external world alter on me.  I've had this happen with parking lot arrangements which people swear to me have always been this way.

Some people would start to doubt their sanity or cognitive recall, but I immediately registered the dissonance to drawing in a parallel universe.  Luckily my friend knows me well enough and has seen some of the weird stuff that can happen around me to just accept that.  The strangeness might have ended there, but of course it didn't.  Not satisfied with the wu wu factor of parallel universes, I also experienced time dilation.  (A contracting of time so that it passes more quickly or slowly relative to its normal passage).  In this at least I was not alone.  Somehow the whole night ran away from us.  When we tried to account for what happened we just couldn't.  We added up our activities and the time just didn't make sense.  So time slippage and parallel universes are currently on my radar.

Why am I telling you this?  Well when you play in the fields of magic and transformation you need to have a certain comfort level with some of the more twilight zone side effects.  Sometimes things will not make logical sense unless you expand your framework of what is possible.  It's one thing to know about parallel universes and another to allow for them to show up in your life.  Time is a bit more mutable we even have language to support that idea, "Time flies when you're having fun."  Still these are just the ripple effects from some other change or shift.

So are you ready to embark on an adventure where sometimes the setting of the board just changes without apparent cause?  Are you flexible enough to allow for flitting back and forth across the multiverse?  How invested are you in the solid deterministic clockwork universe?  Well if you want a bit of magic you may have to allow for the rules to bend, break, or just forget themselves now and again.  How rational must this world be for you?  Think about it, and maybe parallel me will drop in  for a time warp with you.

Peace and Blessings,
Thomas Mooneagle

3 comments:

  1. Since I have always feared being 'unstuck in time' I must know the reality of being so. Still not too comfortable with the idea. Will have to work on that! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep things like that happen to me too sometimes. I like it a lot actually :-)
    I think that's because it gives me a feeling that everything is possible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep things like that happen to me too sometimes. I like it a lot actually :-)
    I think that's because it gives me a feeling that everything is possible.

    ReplyDelete