Musings

Musings

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Served

Greetings all,

It has been a week of deep cold and deep thought.  In this time of cold I find myself looking for ways to conserve my energy.  Well every action has a reaction.

My business and my life purpose is one of service.  Being of service is something we seem to be very confused about in these times.  It is not the same as being a servant.  I was recently subject to some very disrespectful and petty treatment while offering assistance to someone while working.  What it highlighted in me is how entitled people feel to special treatment.  There is an attitude some people carry that anyone who is being paid for a service or a job is somehow beneath you.  I've had people act as if they own me while requesting top notch service.  This is not the way to the Mooneagle's heart.  (Truthfully he doesn't much care for it when he sees you treat your waitress that way either).

So I thought perhaps I should make clear what my service does for you (not you reading this you would never be petty to someone helping you).  I help people when they are confused and unsure, I offer them another perspective that steps out of the normal view of time.  I help people when they have encountered spiritual energies that are detrimental to their safety and enjoyment in life.  I remove obstacles and limits from people.   However I do not make people happy.  It is not in my job description.  Your happiness is your job.  This is not to say that I don't want or care about your happiness, but I am not responsible for it.

You may be thinking, "But what am I paying you for Thomas?"  Well I'm just there to help on your path I cannot make you enjoy it.  That really is your job.  If you think that it is consider this,  have you ever tried to cheer someone up who just didn't want to be cheered up.  You know someone who was upset with their spouse, friend, or boss.  What about when someone has just had a major trauma?  Did you make them happy within moments of it?  I didn't think so.  While I am here to help I am not in charge of your emotions just as you are not in charge of other people's feelings.  Certainly there are things you and I can do (or not do) that contribute to how they feel, but only to a point.  I have worked with people who were in pretty bad situations and then they got everything they asked for.   I'd like to  report that they lived happily ever after, they did not.  They were just as miserable with everything they received as they had been in their prior situation.

So you may be wondering how this applies to you, or if I am talking about you.  Well how do you treat those that are there as supporting roles in your life?  How are you treated by others that you give service to?  How much contortion do you do to try and make people happy?  Are you exhausted by it?  There comes a time to detach and let people have their experience, and that is being of service.  Being of service means we give people what they need which is not always what they want.  Ponder that for a while.

Peace and Blessings,
Thomas Mooneagle

No comments:

Post a Comment