Musings

Musings

Saturday, July 19, 2014

There and Back Again

Greetings al,

At long last I have returned home.  My two week sojourn saw me through the states of West Virginia, Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania and Ohio.  The Magic and Mystery tour of the Mooneagle has ended for the time being.  It was to my mind only a start.  For a while I had a dream of traveling and being hosted by people where I would do despacho ceremony and see clients.  I do love to travel and this trip was the first step into financing that sort of existence.

All told I have done 2 full despacho ceremonies in the past week and one mini offering.  I feel like it brought in blessings everywhere I went.  Now back in my day to day existence I am feeling the contrast of where I used to belong and where I currently resonate.  I am feeling people around me in a different way.  Something in me has changed and so I am being called to step up my game.  I am pushing forward to more consistently manifest the place where I belong.

While it feels like I've not been gone long, it also feels like I have been gone for over a month.  This is in part because for the first half of my trip I unplugged.  I had almost a whole week devoid of electronic distractions.  I strived to maintain a very low level of technological intrusion for the remainder of my trip.  I did my best to be present with my hosts.  Now that I am home it shall be interesting to see how much of that presence and detachment from screen time I can hold onto.  It shall be a practice of discipline, but one I think well worth the effort.  I want my connectivity to serve me not enslave me.  As I watch others tantalized by their phones, tweeting and face booking I come to realize that perhaps we have lost the distinction between our tools and ourselves.

So here I am feeling a little out of place where I am, and yet not wanting to regress into what I used to be. That was the point of my journey after all, to return as a different person.  The hero's journey is not complete until he (or she) returns home with all that they have learned.  Sometimes this homecoming is celebrated, other times it is not.  As we return people expect us to be as we always have been.  In getting out of my routine and normal environment I made time to sing songs of power into my daily life.  I asked empowering questions.  I played in the field of possibilities.

On my trip I was visited several times by fox.  The place in the mountains where I attended a workshop had a lounge called the Fox Den.  It was a sunken room that had pictures of foxes all around. Then when I stayed at a friend's house on my final night I got to see her domesticated fox run around.  On my drive home a fox crossed the road in front of me.  He made it safely to the other side, but a few moments before I had seen the remains of one of his kin that had not been so lucky.  Fox medicine is something I am familiar with because it is one of the medicines(or powers if you like) that I carry.  Fox is a trickster, a master of camouflage, a guide to Faery.  This perhaps for me is a sign to move deeper into the faery tale that is my life.  It may also be a sign to move carefully and quietly in the time ahead.  I find it interesting that it appears at a time when I am endeavoring to spread my network.  Perhaps it means I should do so quietly and steadily behind the scenes maybe not letting on what my true goals or destinations are.  Well mums the word then.

So how about you?  Have you gone out into the great beyond or big world and come back another person?  Do you find yourself no longer in sync with those around you?  Do you feel it is time to recreate your life to more accurately reflect your image?  Find your center and dwell in your intentions. Set them out quietly into the world at large.  Know your goals but maybe speak softly if at all of them.  Let me know where you land.

Peace and Blessings,
Thomas Mooneagle

No comments:

Post a Comment