Musings

Musings

Monday, October 18, 2010

Opportunity knocking


I've been rather remiss in posting lately, and much has been going on in my life. You would think that would lead me to post more often, but alas no I mean to and yet somehow the next thing happens. One of the most interesting experiences I come across is to see how others view me. I had no idea that many people in the community were completely unaware of my ceramic production. This was hammered home to me when I took some of my work to the Sound Light and Ascension Expo the last weekend in September. I had a booth sort of fall into my lap at the last minute, and when I checked in with my guidance I was told to bring "my whole bag of tricks". So I finally brought some of my ceramic wares to sell, and sell they did. The most common thing I heard was "you made these?" Usually followed by a compliment to my skills. I should let you know dear reader that I only brought the best of the lot(in other words there were some pots that didn't make the cut). The event went well for me both in pottery sales and in readings.


One of the things I had been told repeatedly by spirit guides was that I needed to make space for client sessions. So I finally put it on the calendar and made it official. I have opened up an hour on Wednesdays (9:30 - 10:30 PM) for remote energy shifting/clearing sessions. This isn't the only time I am available, but putting a specific time down was a symbol to the universe that I am ready and making space. Within 24 hours I had a new client.


Another recent event I worked at was the Gypsy Night in LaGrange this past Thursday. I got to connect with a few new people, and once again was reading in the toy store. It wasn't the most visible location, but I like the energy in there. I'm still a kid at heart, and sometimes I even get mistaken for one(thank you to the man for carding me at the movies a few months back it really gave me a laugh).


So I think this is nice and at the same time all this success all at once after a long and what seems like painfully slow build up is rather overwhelming. I even feel myself trying to step back from it. I've done this repeatedly over the years, but this time I have decided to just say "yes" to opportunity. I know a lot of you readers do this too. You don't know how to take a compliment or an opportunity. Learning to be okay with things going successfully takes practice. I am willing to practice now though, even if it is a little anxiety provoking. Anytime we reach one of our limits we can feel a bit nervous. New doors with new possibilities, we always seem to wish for them and when they show up well we don't want to go through them because we don't know what it will be like on the other side. So just like you dear reader I ask for change and then get a little scared of it (okay sometimes more than a little scared). What I am starting to realize is that it is okay to be scared or nervous about all the opportunities knocking, but I am resolved (and I hope you will be too) to start answering the door more often.


Peace and Blessings,

Thomas Mooneagle

No comments:

Post a Comment